R U Ready to: Deepen your faith?
Serve your community?
Then2nd Houris what you've
been looking for!
In this year of experimentation,2nd Houris one way that Rev. Bethany and I want to answer the call to offer more opportunities for adults to learn, grow, and deepen in understanding, community, connection, and service.
From 12:30-1:30pm, one Sunday per month, we will offer opportunities for people of all ages to participate in community-led activities or classes. Offerings will vary every month, so watch the weekly email for details including descriptions and age restrictions.
Date: Sept. 8, 2019
Topics: This month we are teaching:
· Small Group Ministry led by Rev. Bethany. Adults 18+ only. Blackwell room
· Sing and Learn Songs led by Brian Moon. All Ages. Holland.
· Building the World We Dream About: Anti-Racism in Racist Times led by Rev. Karla Brockie. Everyone ages 11+. Awareness Room
· Hospitality & Welcome: 101 led by Steve Kraynak. Everyone ages 11+. Servetus.
· Art in the Desert: Decorating Water Jugs for Immigrants led by Jamili Omar. All Ages. Goddard Hall.
Children are welcome in classes indicated by “all ages" and those with a age indicated, and childcare is available for those under 10 years.
+ + +
What (and WHO) are RE Role Models?
The Answer is YOU!
Our Sunday morning "formerly known as teachers" will now be known as Role Models, and the best part, is that ANYONE (yes, you!) can be a Role Model! You can step into the classroom for a short time commitment (or a longer one if you're so moved).
Jamili and the experienced facilitators will be preparing all the curriculum and supplies, and less experienced teachers will be paired with experienced folks! You'll have the day's activities in advance so you can be prepared, but there won't be any search for materials or books! Woohoo!
Complete the Fall RE interest form at: