Sign up for Dec. 11 trip to Agua Prieta, Mexico
UUCT's Social Justice Council is leading a field trip to the Cafe Justo coffee-bean-roasting facility in Agua Prieta. The church sells this superb coffee every Sunday as a way to benefit growers in Chiapas, Mexico and to enjoy their shade-tree, USDA-certified organic, sustainably-grown coffee.
CLICK HERE for online registration, or sign up at UUCT coffee table on Sunday.
The Dec. 11 carpool trip is a great opportunity to purchase socially conscious, coffee-related holiday gifts. (Passport or Travel ID required. Coverage with most U.S. car insurance covers claims up to 50 miles south of the border.)
Here is the schedule:
• Leave UUCT via carpool at 8 a.m., on Dec. 11
• Arrive in Douglas about 9:45 a.m.
• Caravan to the roasting facility in Agua Prieta
• Tour the roasting facility 10-11 a.m.
• Carpool to the Copper Queen Hotel in Bisbee, AZ
• Lunch noon-1:30
• Return to UUCT by 4 p.m.