We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people are at stake.
Activities and Events
Activities and events we have held and/or are doing currently:
- Monthly Meetings. The third Sunday of the month 12-1 p.m.
- Seeking Members including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer, plus Allies. We are PFLAG connected.
- Ice Cream Socials during Church Social Hour after service(s)
- Participate in and support LGBTQAI UU Association Services
- Participate in and support TIHAN Poz Café. In 2018 we provided volunteers for a lunch event and in December 2019 we participated in the Holiday Dinner Party.
- Participate/Support Tucson’s Pride Parade and Festival.
- Support with other UUCT Social Justice activities including No More Deaths.
- Participating in many church fundraising events including the annual auction.
Meetings are the third Sunday of the month 12-1pm. YOU are Welcome!
Small Group Ministry for Trans + Non-binary UUs
We are opening up space on the UUJAZ Zoom channel, once a month, for a small group ministry (covenant group) facilitated by a trans+ UU minister. We'd welcome trans+ and/or non-binary UUs from across the state, to let UUJAZ know if they are interested in participating. Together we'll choose a day and time that works best for everyone. There are six more spots available, and we are looking to start in April.