All are welcome at UUCT! We embrace many beliefs, welcome all genders and sexual orientations, all families of origin and choice and all ethnic and economic circumstances. You, too, are welcome to our safe and supportive community!
UUCT offers a spiritual center that helps us find our moral compass, and challenges us to build a beloved community with an ever-deepening sense of spirit, diversity and inclusion. We are an action-oriented community, united in our shared passions and common purpose. We are curious and compassionate thinkers and doers. Diverse in faith, history and spirituality, we are aligned in our desire to build a community that changes lives and benefits the larger world. Together, we stand on the side of Love, Justice and Peace.
Our service programs, activities and worship are reflective of our unique desert setting and culture and the many challenges of peoples of the Southwest. Adult and youth religious exploration (RE) is designed to provoke thought and enrich our spiritual journey as we practice our belief in the inherent worthiness of every person. We strive to provide children and youth a vibrant, quality spiritual foundation for their life’s journey.
The Unitarian belief that reason and not creed define the search for thought, and the Universalist belief that God embraces all people equally, has led to the current Unitarian Universalist belief that truth and meaning can be found in all faiths.
The Path to Membership
Newcomers are invited to follow these steps:
- Complete the Guest Information card.
- Be contacted by a member of Welcome Team, or minister, if requested.
- Attend online services and participate in other online activities.
- Watch the Welcome to UU video with Rev Bethany and take a Deeper Dive into Unitarian Universalism
- Complete Volunteer Interest Form.
- Attend an online Newcomer Orientation-dates to be published in Weekly Updates ( offered three times over next five months)
- Complete the online Membership to join, which will be sent, if requested after attending an Orientation session.
- Share your Time, Talent & Treasure (you can make an online pledge).
Looking to expand your social connections?
If you are new to UUCT, or a current member looking for more ways to connect with other members, check out our online Volunteer Interest Form. The new form gives you a quick way to learn more about UUCT interest activities and volunteer opportunities. Joining an interest group or volunteering is a great way to increase socialization and contribute to the greater good.
- Groups for Social Support & Shared Interests
You will find information about groups for social support and shared interests – everything from book clubs to parenting groups.
- Operations & Infrastructure
From landscaping to social justice, there are many ways your volunteer efforts can keep our church diverse, vital and productive.
- UU Groups Outside of UUCT
Widen your UU world with other Unitarian interest groups.
To get more information and/or sign up for an interest group or volunteer, complete the online Volunteer Interest Form.
After you submit the form, you’ll be matched up with the lead contact person who, in turn will reach out to you with more information.