Board of Trustees and Governance
The Unitarian Universalist Church of Tucson is governed by an elected Board of Trustees (BOT). The BOT consists of a president, vice presidents for administration and finance, and six at large trustees. BOT members have oversight over portfolios.
The 2023-2024 Board of Trustees are: (contact via our “Contact Us” webpage).
Contact the entire BOT via < email@example.com >
- Wendy Gordon Weeks ~ President = <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ken Asch ~ VP of Operations
- Beth Britton ~ VP of Finance, Membership portfolio
- Eve Hady ~ Board Secretary, Trustee at Large
- Brenda Lundt ~ Worship Portfolio
- Jan Mulder ~ Denomination & Communication portfolio
- Carolyn Valdes ~ Community Life, Lifespan Faith Development Portfolio
- Carolyn Saunders ~ Fundraising/Ways & Means
- Kate Schleinkofer ~ Trustee at Large
- Unitarian Universalists congregations are self-governed under the principle of Congregational Polity.
- More info on UUA Governance is available.
- The Unitarian Universalist Church of Tucson was incorporated in 1948 and is governed by UUCT Bylaws and UUCT Policies.
- Our minister is called by the congregation.
- UUCT is a member of the Unitarian Universalist Association — which is our denomination.
- UUCT is a member of the Pacific Western Region.
- The 2023-2024 Budget governs our finances.
- The 2023-2024 Governance Plan describes the duties of the Board under Portfolio Governance.
- Our relationship with our employees is defined by our Personnel Policy Manual
- Membership policies define our relationship with each other.
- UUCT adopted the 8th Principle and have made a Covenant to Anti-Oppression, Equity, Inclusiveness & Diversity