Date(s) - March 25, 2023
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Two day-long retreats in February and March 2023
February 25, 2023 –hybrid online and in-person at UUCT
March 25, 2023 – In person at UUCT, required
Time: 9am-2pm both days
This program will engage elders* in mining the stories of a lifetime to create a presentation to share with peers, loved ones, and the whole congregation, if they wish.
- *We understand “elder” here to mean anyone who finds themselves in a position of mentoring and/or passing on wisdom gained from a variety of life experiences.
Two all-day Saturday retreats—one for preparation, one for presentations—frame an individual period of remembering, sorting, reflecting, and writing.
- Participants are guided to gather and reflect on stories that delight, that challenge, that invite new wisdom and understanding and then to act on new goals that emerge from this process.
- There is a possibility of participants sharing their odysseys with the congregation in worship if desired.
As mentioned above, the first retreat will focus on the preparation for odyssey writing.
- In the time in between the two all-day retreats, participants will write their odysseys, with optional weekly Zoom support from Rev. Bethany and others in the group.
- Then, all participants will come back together in person on March 25 at UUCT to share their odysseys.
Email Rev. Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating or have any questions.