November 13, 2011
Rev. Diane Dowgiert
It began on Wall Street and quickly moved across the country. On this Association Sunday*, the whole "occupy" movement has me wondering, what would an occupied Unitarian Universalism look like? What demands would be made of us?
© Rev. Diane Dowgiert
Download mp3 file.
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.