A monthly newsletter designed to keep the congregation aware of church events and church life. Deadlines for copy are the 24th day of each month with publication on first week of the following month (for example, January 24th is the deadline for the February newsletter, which will be printed the first week of February).
- Article to be no more than 200 words
- Announcements to be no more than 50 words
- Due the 24th day of the month
The all-church email is sent every Wednesday. The primary purpose of the email is for church staff to remind the congregation of upcoming services and church-related events.
Email announcements are:
- Brief (no more than 50 words)
- Time sensitive (event occurring within one week)
- Reminders (not the first time info has been shared about upcoming events)
The Office Manager reserves the right to establish priorities during a busy news week.
Order of Service Announcement Guidelines
The Sunday announcements will be printed on the back of the Order of Service and projected on the screen before the service. The primary purpose of the announcements is to inform the congregation of church news and upcoming church-related events.
- Due by 9:00 a.m. Thursday for that Sunday's service
- Brief (Who, What, When, Where, and a Contact person)
- No more than 50 words
- Upcoming events (happening in the next 2 weeks) OR "Save the Date"
- Can be repeated a maximum of two times
Designed to give information about the church and its' mission and to assist members with ongoing church information and newsletters.
- Please send a separate email for each publication (even if it is the same information)
- Please put for which publication in the Subject line of the email
- Must be in by the deadline date
- No flyers/inserts can be added to publications
- Please communicate with your group/committee and select one member to be responsible for your submissions
- Please eliminate repeated information
- Please do not add graphics/ photos for the newsletters. Space is often an issue and some folks still have dial up internet, which can't handle pictures.
- Emails are greatly encouraged but if that is not possible, please write legibly on paper with your contact info and leave in the Office Manager's mailbox
- If you resubmit the same topic for subsequent newsletters, please change the wording. Focus on a different aspect of your story. Variety encourages people to read the Tucsonitarian.
The office does not have time to edit articles. Please make sure they are as you want them so we do not have to reinsert them when you send a corrected version. We will not edit a large article to make it size appropriate. Word Count (which will tell you how many words your word document has) and Spell Check are both very useful Word document tools (both located under Tools on the top bar if you are using Microsoft Word).